Sunday, October 10, 2010

Que Sera Sera

An old song by Doris Day,…., more than half a century ago. I’m not sure “Que sera sera” is French or Spanish. It’s something like “whatever will be” or “let it be”.

It was more than ten years ago when I first heard it and I already forgot it. Several days ago when I tried to find some music, it came across my mind. This time, I began to like it. The rhythm is as simple as a lullaby. This lyrical song reminds me of old days. Time is magic…..



When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be
Will I be pretty, will I be rich
Here's what she said to me.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

When I was young, I fell in love
I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead
Will we have rainbows, day after day
Here's what my sweetheart said.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

Now I have children of my own
They ask their mother, what will I be
Will I be handsome, will I be rich
I tell them tenderly.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

8 comments:

  1. My mom used to sing it to me. Your sweethearts will like this lullaby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I teach kids "Where there is a will there is a way" instead of "What will be, will be".:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song has many versions. But this is my favorite so far. Doris Day is so graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google Montana Que Sera Sera. You will see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Montana's version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Compared to Montana's, I prefer Doris Day.

    ReplyDelete